I know. I didn't update last week. And I'm not being really speedy with this week's "Mission Update". In my defense, I have been trying to save our world (subdivision) from ANOTHER school boundary change for next year. In living here 6 years, 2 months and 23 days (but who's counting?) our kids have gone to 4 different elementary schools (the current one two different times) and 3 high schools. With the new boundaries that were passed last Wednesday - make that 4 high schools. I decided before Christmas that I was really fed up with all these changes and decided to try to make a difference for the kids in our subdivision. I'm not against change, but our current high school is a TWO minute drive from our driveway. The new high school we're being sent to is an 8.2 mile drive, down one of the most dangerous highways in Arizona (I know that's true because I got the crash/death/injury reports from the Arizona Department of Transportation!). I spent several nights walking around our neighborhood getting neighbors to sign a petition. I spoke at a school district meeting (one of the scariest things I've ever done!). Other people spoke who had similar concerns to mine. Sat through a FIVE hour school board meeting last Wednesday. All to no avail. Very frustrated with our school district administration and the members of our school board who weren't willing to even address other options, when there were very obviously other options.
Okay. Enough of that. I seriously could go on for hours.......
Back to the mission update. Here's what Zach wrote this week:
"You all are going to Kentucky! No Fair! (John's littlest sister moved up her wedding date last Tuesday from May 29th to March 6th, and we found some awesome - I mean REALLY awesome - flight deals, so we're spending most of Spring Break in Kentucky! I hope all the spring flowers will be blooming.....)
Ok, the dog thing is like a little key chain that is electronic and it emits a very high pitch sound that keeps angry dogs away. I saw one at the MTC and have regretted not buying it ever since. (He asked for one of these in his next package. Has anyone seen one? Where can I find one?)
This was a good week. Nothing earth shattering happened. Our numbers were pretty good but no where close to our goals.
Ify came to church and it was really nice to be with all the members. When I first came up North I didn't like it that much but now I love it...but I still don't want to stay here for 6 more months...Oh, in missionary lingo, I'm pregnant now...meaning I have 9 months left! Weird!
So...did Parker's team do a lot better than normal, or was the other team really bad? (Parker's team won a game last week by 20 points - it's their second win of the season. They're still trying to get used to playing together.)
Sorry I'm not writing much but I'm exhausted. We just got back from the zoo and we still have to go shopping. The zoo was really nice, not too big but it had a good variety of animals and the weather was very nice.
Let's see...catching the missionary spirit? (I'm teaching our Young Women next Wednesday on this topic and asked for some helpful hints from a full-time missionary).I've heard a few things...some say that if you read either Enos, Jacob 9 or 2 Nephi 2 every day for a month you can catch it very strongly (BYU teachers have done that with students), or I don't know. The new Joseph Smith movie helps me...but I guess the best way is to experience it yourself...
Well, I've got to say hi to everyone else,
Love you,
Zach
No comments:
Post a Comment