Here's what we received from Zach this morning:
So, you know how when Dad was a Bishop and he would prepare his 5th Sunday lessons months ahead of time? And it would change a week out, a few days out, the night of and then that morning and he would end up with something totally different? Well...you can say the same thing about transfers. Remember when I told you President said I was staying in Athens? Well he told me again Thursday...But when Friday night calls came all the transfers had been changed and...I'm going to be a Zone Leader in Cyprus! Let's say a death sentence to the promised land! (Death sentence because most Cyprus zone leaders stay for 6 months so I will finish or "die" there and promised land because it is an entirely different mission. Let's just say that in the district I'm going to they had 10 baptisms in one transfer from 3 companionships). SO, I am a little bit excited. I don't leave until Saturday because of Paska (Easter is celebrated this week in Greece) and I have zone council as well. I'll be with Elder Amundson (he was with Elder Petion in Kavala when I was with Elder Ruckauer) and I am way excited to be with him and to finally feel some love from "elect" chinese people (there are a lot of Chinese immigrants on Cyprus)! Elder Anderson is staying in Sepolia (Central Athens) and Elder Theodosis is going to Agia Paraskevy (my old area).
I might get your package before I leave but if not Zone Conference is coming up pretty quick so I'll get it with the mail run.
Easter for us is this week and Elder Astle will most likely not be coming back to Greece since we just found out he has a serious case of Crones Disease....in other words not very much fun. It will be rough for him.
Yes, Sister Monsen had her Mars Hill yesterday and she is probably already on her plane home...weird (Sister Monson was in Zach's district at the MTC and went to Greece the same day he did). The next time I'm on Mars Hill will probably my own (since I'll be in Cyprus).
Umm, Central Athens was nice but I'm glad I won't be spending too much more time here. The Branch is not like in the North and I'm just glad to be on my way to Cyprus.
Yeah, so that is this week. I will let you know how Cyprus is next week! I guess we might have 3 baptisms this week?!
Love you,
Zach
--Note: Zach hits the 18 month mark on Friday. It's sooo hard to believe he's been gone so long and will be home in 6 months. Time has sure flown! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment