The Kelley Kronicles

Welcome to our blog!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Mission Update

Here's what we received from Zach this morning:

My week was kind of long, too. We had a cool experience on Monday. We got stood up for an appointment really far away and so we took a bus on the way home. Well this 20 year-old greek kid sits by Elder Hall and and immediatly starts talking to him. We got his phone number and texted him the next day and he said he wanted to meet now! He had all the right questions and all the right answers, it was ridiculous! It was almost as if he was a plant! We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would come to Outreach with us. We were so excited! A 20 yr-old Greek! Well, we were supposed to meet him on Saturday night for Outreach but he never came and we still havn't heard from him yet but we're still trying. Other than that we've just been searching for people at their doors...but I have a feeling that that won't be enough, we're not finding 18-30 year-olds doorknocking (those are who we have been instructed to focus on by the apostles)...so, I need to improve my Greek and start going to the places where there are tons of younger people...which is not something I feel comfortable doing...but that's life.

We don't get to listen to all the sessions of General Conference here. In two weeks we will watch the priesthood and the 2 Sunday morning sessions but we will have to read the rest.

The new apartment mates will be...interesting but it should be ok. I also lost 2/3 of the area I had last transfer...which stinks as well.

There's a funny thing about planting and harvesting that someone pointed out to me... In the scriptures it says the fields are white, already to harvest, not brown, already to plant.

Well, I love you all,

Zach

No comments: