The Kelley Kronicles

Welcome to our blog!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last Day of Seminary.....tomorrow

So, our last day of seminary is tomorrow. The year has gone by soooo fast, although for a couple of weeks in February it felt like the year would never end. The hardest part about teaching seminary has been when the alarm goes off at 4:30 am and I think, "What was I thinking?" because I am NOT a morning person. But then I get showered and dressed and everything is okay. It's been an awesome year! I've loved - 99% of the time - preparing lessons and have learned so much. I've loved my class - they are amazing and we've had fun times and spiritual times. I'll miss seeing them every morning during the summer.

It feels soooo strange to not have a lesson to prepare. Some days I wasn't preparing for "tomorrow", but there was always a lesson in the near future. So this is weird. We received our Book of Mormon teacher manuals and student manuals this morning, which was exciting - I'm so excited to teach Book of Mormon next year! It's the only standard work I didn't get to teach as Gospel Doctrine Teacher, so I'm excited to be able to study and teach from this awesome book. To fill that "need to prepare a lesson" feeling today I've been organizing and filing and boxing up all my New Testament stuff, organizing stuff for next year, took my new manuals to OfficeMax to be spiral bound and am getting ready for our "feast" at seminary in the morning. The kids have been "feasting" spiritually in the scriptures the past 5 weeks so we could have a food-type "feast" on the last day of seminary. Some kids have been reading extra (they get to put a star on the chart for every 15 minutes of reading they do) so we can all enjoy our feast. I've even had some who weren't really regular readers reading! Peer pressure can be a wonderful thing. :o) There were 584 squares on our chart and I think they're all going to be filled tomorrow.

Kam's last day of high school EVER was today (they only have graduation practice in the morning). That is sooo weird. She's feeling similar feelings to mine today - she's so used to having homework and projects to work on that she's kind of wandering around a bit lost. She's also been working on re-organizing her room -- getting rid of high school stuff she doesn't want anymore, re-organizing her other stuff, etc. Maybe that need to "organize when feeling lost" thing is genetic? :o)

2 comments:

The Maughan's said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog. It is always fun to keep updated on what everyone is doing. Also Thanks for all your hard work for camp. I am so excited, it should be a blast!!!

Kamala said...

HI MOM here's my new blog. :)