The Kelley Kronicles

Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

An update - finally!

Yes. I am a slacker. I know it's because I sit around and eat bon-bons all day. :o)

So, anyhow...the summer went so quickly:

Parker got his braces off
Parker went to EFY
Parker, John and I went on Pioneer Trek
Kailen and I went to Girls Camp
Kam worked
John travelled some
Took Kam to BYU-Idaho
And I had a 1" nodule and 1/2 my thyroid removed. Thankfully, no cancer! And so far, no medicine needed to regulate the remaining 1/2.

So, that's the last few months in a nutshell.

I'm teaching seminary again - I have my class from last year (now juniors) and 4 seniors. A fantastic group of kids.

I decided to go back to school. I'm doing BYU-Idaho's online degree program. I sometimes wonder if I've absolutely lost my mind. But I'm excited. Finishing my degree is something I've always wanted to do, and when there were days when I very possibly could have cancer, I'd think of all the things I still wanted to accomplish in this life. Finishing my degree was way up on the list.

Zach gets home in TWO weeks! The last two years have literally flown by. It's been such a blessing to have a missionary serving from our family and I'll miss that aspect. But I'm excited to have him home. He's flying to Rexburg on the 26th to see Kam, find housing for next semester, and meet with his advisor since he's changing his major. Then he goes back to school in January.

It's very strange having only two kids at home. Very strange. People always told me when they were little to enjoy that time because they grow up so fast. Totally didn't believe them. I do now. Parker goes to college in 3 years, then Kailen 3 years after that. After we take her to school we've decided we're going on a long vacation. It will be hard to come home to a home with no children....

And I get my braces off in 3-4 weeks! Yippeeee! Can't wait to eat popcorn, chew gum, and eat the chocolate covered macadamia nuts I brought from Hawaii back in April.

No comments: