The Kelley Kronicles

Welcome to our blog!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I thought summer was for lounging and looking at the clouds...

I was talking to John last night on the phone (he's in Florida again this week) and was commenting on how quickly the summer is going and on how busy we've been. We've been trying to find a few days to go camping, and we're having a difficult time with that. I feel like Zach - it seems like we're busy all week but can't remember what we were busy doing! So, I wanted to document it for all posterity. Last week was a great example:

Monday: Last trip to Dr. Hoaglin for Kam's last wisdom tooth removal checkup and a stop at Sams since it's right by Dr. Hoaglin's office which is 28 miles round trip (I'm trying to be a gas saver!), my trip to the ortho to get my bite block put back on again (26 miles round trip), basketball camp for Parker and Family Home Evening.
Tuesday: Numerous errands to run (still trying to save gas!), oil change for the car, basketball camp, babysitting job for Kailen, dinner with friends to say goodbye to a friend who's moving.
Wednesday: Trip to the temple with a friend (and of course Deseret Book and Seagull Book!), basketball camp for Parker, trip to Walmart for the necessities of life (milk, bananas, etc), Mutual for Kam and Parker.
Thursday: Seminary training, more EFY shopping, basketball camp, taking and picking up Kailen from a friend's house, and making dinner for a family in our ward
Friday: More EFY preparations, transporting kids to and from friends' houses, last day of basketball camp, babysitting job for Kam, John coming home from Florida, and a date with John. I love date night!

Okay, maybe it doesn't look like that busy of a week when it's all written out, but I promise, it was a crazy one! And, there's the daily stuff that keeps our home running smoothly, and studying for seminary next year, and all the other stuff we do that we don't remember doing but that are so essential to keeping life a bit sane! :o)

1 comment:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Every single day I sit down and breathe a big huge sigh of relief that we got through another busy day. I tell Ryan "I had SUCH a busy day" He asks what we did and I start to tell him and every single time I end it with "I know it doesn't SOUND too bad, but it was REALLY busy!!! No Kidding!!!"
Life is just plain busy with kids. It doesn't matter how much you do or don't do, it is always busy!