Here's an update from Zach in his own words: "Well, my week went by really fast but I feel like we didn't do very much, we always seem to be busy, but then at the end of the day it feels like we didn't get very much done. We just had a big push about lessons, Elder Perry said that every missionary companionship should get 20-25 lessons a week...right now, a really good week for us would be 5! The other missionaries in our apartment are from Denmark and America, so it keeps things interesting. We actually had something funny happen at church yesterday, we had the biggest turnout that anyone can remember, and one of them was a guy from Kanab, stationed in Afganistan with the national guard, so it was kind of random. I guess they get 3 weeks of paid leave every few months and since he was nearby he decided to come to Greece. He is actually in Military intelligence; he said he does interrogations and also recruits spies...he said, 'I'm not James Bond, but I train him.' He was a really good guy. Other than that nothing really exciting has happened lately. Well, one other wierd thing is that after the next transfer (3 months) I'll be at my Year!!! How wierd is that ? I could also train this next transfer! Which I would really like to do...ANd since the transfer ends in about 4 weeks, its coming up pretty quick!"
Zach also said that a lot of the Greek people take vacations during the summer so the work is going a bit more slowly than he'd like. It's a hard mission but he's doing a great job. I received an email from one of the senior couples serving in Athens and they'd had Zach and his companion for dinner that day. She commented on what a good missionary he is and that the Lord sends the best to the hardest missions - like Greece!
We're putting together a package to send to him this week and his "wish list" is quite interesting: aloe gel (he's constantly getting sunburned and they don't sell aloe gel there!), Mike n' Ike's candy, the small jelly beans from Walmart, pink lemonade mix, MORE crunchy peanut butter, otter pops, and I'm also sending him a new sunscreen to try.
No comments:
Post a Comment