The Kelley Kronicles

Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

What's up with the teeth?

We're having real teeth issues in our family. Parker got a c-chain on his braces Monday, so his mouth's been quite sore. Kailen lost a key-to-chewing tooth on Wednesday. John thinks he might need a root canal. Kam's wisdom teeth removal is still healing. I've lost two bite blocks in less than a week. (Bite blocks are the things they put on your teeth so that your teeth don't hit the brackets of the teeth below them when you chew, which I have found to be a very painful thing, not to mention the risk of chipping a tooth!). I went back to the ortho with Parker Monday and got one put back on, and the same one came out Friday night - I can hopefully get it fixed tomorrow. So it seems like most of the family has been on a liquid/soft food diet the past week. Which makes things very interesting and causes you to become very creative with your food choices! And which has also resulted in numerous trips to our new Neighborhood Walmart Market to buy more slimfast, ice cream - doesn't involve chewing :o) - yogurts, eggs, soups, and other non-chewing, soft-type foods. Maybe later this week we can have something "hard", like, say, chicken, for dinner! :o) One can only hope!

No comments: