The Kelley Kronicles

Welcome to our blog!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Kailen

Kailen, our "baby", or "caboose" - as she calls herself, turned twelve last Friday! It's unbelievable to me that she's twelve already. She was so ready to turn twelve and move into Young Women.
And yes, I know there are only 4 candles on her cheesecake, but our last birthday was in July and I totally forgot between July and November that we needed more candles. She was okay with it - "Mom, I'm just 4 times 3, so it works!" For her birthday she got a new "trick" bike, some really cool Aeropostale shirts from Kam, and cash. Cash is always good.

Her last "official" Halloween was the Friday before (we have the tradition in our family that when you hit twelve, you are promoted to the position of candy-passer-outer), and this is what she chose to be:

Not exactly what I was expecting, but she pulled it off great!

Kailen is such a joy to have in our family! Her bright blue eyes have always warmed our hearts and her sometimes flair for the dramatic has added excitement to our family. She's a sweetheart and will still snuggle up with her mom, and she can be counted on to make great choices! She's becoming a very popular babysitter, which adds greatly to her cash stash. We love her very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! We love her too! Happy Birthday, Kailen. Congrats on moving up to Young Women.

THE STACK SHACK said...

cute pictures...time put was fun