The Kelley Kronicles

Welcome to our blog!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pierced!

One of our family traditions is that you can get your ears pierced when a) you turn twelve and b) if you're a girl (of course!). So Kailen and I headed to "Claire's" at the mall Monday after school. I thought she'd be more nervous seeing as she was getting a permanent-can't-be-fixed-once-it's-done hole in each ear. I was definitely more nervous than she was. Here's the before:
Here's the after:

She picked these pretty daisy shaped bling-bling studs. Totally Kailen! I had to discuss the placement with the ear piercer -- her first placement dots were definitely crooked. I think she got a bit annoyed with me, but these holes are permanent! For life! We finally got the dots right and Kailen didn't even flinch for either piercing. I was very impressed.

And since we were already at the mall, and Kailen had birthday money to feed into the struggling economy, we did some shopping. She bought some earrings for when she can change her studs in 6 weeks, a cute skirt for $6 at Mervyn's going out of business sale, and a really handsome monkey, George, at the "Build a Bear Workshop". We had a great time! :o)

4 comments:

Sharon Warick said...

Happy Birthday Kailen! Earrings, YW, new layered haircut! You just grew up all in a months time.... We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats. The earrings are darling and they are gorgeous on you, Kailen. Happy Birthday!

Kailen said...

thanks for the comments i was really excited and yw is really fun

Diane said...

I can't believe that Kailen is that old. I can't believe that Kam is going off to college next year. I can't believe that John got released. WOW. What a great post. I loved reading all your happenings.