The Kelley Kronicles

Welcome to our blog!

Monday, November 3, 2008

Mission Update

I actually was on the internet at the same time as Zach this morning, so we got to email back and forth a couple of times. Almost as good as talking! :o)

Here's what we received from him this morning:

The only Greek elder ever to serve a mission returned this week, and he's in our branch! Dimitrius is 25, fresh from Denver North and willing to do anything. When we met him on Sunday he asked right away to go out with us! So last night we did some street contacting. He is awesome...and Greek! I want so badly to find people who we can teach with him. Speaking of finding, it is slow work. I've seen some changes in myself. I used to hate street contacting but as I realized that the doorknocking is not enough, I started to change my perceptions. I no longer want to be a door-to-door salesman (that's how I felt). I want to really BE a missionary, and that requires the ability to teach and testify in all places and at all times. That means buses, trams, and walking. It is still really hard but I'm getting better at it. We're still working hard but the problem is that it gets dark as we are going out so when we actually start to knock it is dark outside and the people visibly become more paranoid and closed when it gets dark. The result is that doorknocking is no longer effective. The biggest problem is that we never actually talk to people face to face. We have to knock the buzzer boards from outside and if we are lucky enough to get into the building then we can actually knock the doors...but lately the people don't even open their doors, they just yell through them which is even worse. We can go a whole night and only see 10 people face to face. I would love to just street contact but we don't have all that many places to do so and the people aren't coming out as much. So if you have any ideas I would be more than willing to try them.

Other than that I heard that Amanda is engaged! (John's youngest sister called last week to give us the great news!) What! That is so wierd...if I meet any of my new uncles it seems that I will be meeting all 3 at once! How wierd is that? But I guess my cousin count will be going up...Let's hope Kam doesn't follow her example, 1 semester is WAY to0 fast ...even though I guess it works out;)

So we just played some intense soccer (I'm going to end up pretty good by the time I get home) and I'm so hungry right now. I remembered something I wanted in my package but it must not have been that important because I can't remember it right now.

Love you!
Zach

No comments: