The Kelley Kronicles

Welcome to our blog!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mission Update

Yes, I know I'm a bit slow this week. It's been that kind of week.

Here's what Zach had to say this week:

We just got back from Mycanae, an ancient site. It was pretty fun. Today is Nov 17, a big holiday here in Greece. I won't give you too many details but it has pretty much turned into an anti-American march. The entire center of Athens is closed down and police are everywhere. Luckily, I doubt that anything will happen down where we are. If it would be a big problem then we would have received directions from President.

On Sundays we go to church and then go home if we don't have a lesson. Sunday is a normal evening for us. Elder Hall has been the Sunday School teacher since he came in. I was priesthood leader but now since our RM returned, I have nothing! Except to be a missionary of course. Our apartment is doing great...maybe too great sometimes...it can be easy to lose focus with 4 19-20yr olds who all get along. We will be eating Thanksgiving at the Corry's house and I'm so excited about it! This week we volunteered with the special olympics and if you check out the stuff on their website about the torch ceremony for the winter games you just might see me! I actually have no idea but they took group pics of the volunteers.

We taught one investigator, Kostas, twice this week and he came for Sacrament meeting this week. It's nice to see a little success.

It starts getting dark at about 4:30 here and its 5 now and totally dark outside. Unfortunately this takes away a lot of the effectiveness of our finding activities. People become more scared and just close themselves off when it gets dark.

Transfers is an interesting topic. I have absolutely no idea where I will go or what I will be doing. The thing is is that it's time for most missionaries to move. Elder Hall's group has finished their training and they need somewhere to go. Some of the older missionaries need to go to leadership. To put it simply the last few transfers haven't seen much transferring, which means that this one will be crazy! I could legitimately go anywhere or stay where I am. Only the assistants and President know and they aren't saying too much.

Well...I took a lot of pics and I'm trying to take more so that I can send a cd.

I love you lots,
Zach

No comments: