Today, at the age of 41 1/2, I got braces. It's a fun story, actually. Our awesome orthodontist, who's treated Kam and is currently treating Parker, had a Mother's Day contest and the prize to the winning essay was a FREE set of braces. Kam, along with over 100 other patients, entered an essay about why her mom should get free braces. Last Wednesday we got the call from Dr. Graham that we'd won!!! Very exciting! So, Kam and I went to the orthodontist today, like we have dozens of other times, except today I was in the chair and she sat by me for moral support. It's been an interesting 6 hours so far. I'm finding it hard to chew, and I should market this as the newest weight loss program because I don't want to eat anything because then I have to clean the silly things out! I don't like anything on my teeth, so this is definitely different. Not complaining, just explaining. I'm actually very excited about this and Dr. Graham says they should be off in 12-18 months. I'm hoping they'll be off before Zach gets home in 16 1/2 months. And I could possibly beat Parker in getting braces off..............we'll have to see! :o)
4 comments:
Yeah, Susan, you've joined blogworld! I love it! Nice blog, now keep it up. It's not that hard to do (check mine out; haven't written in 10 days or so).
Your very good friend who needs to talk one of these days,
Marcia
Okay, seriously you look SOOOOOO young. How exciting. I can't wait to read all about it. Do you want me to bring you chicken soup?
Wow! It's almost blinding...the smile, not the metal. You look great. Sounds like a good excuse to drink a milk shake.
LOVE EM!!! I am excited to hear all about the Kelley family through your blog. We miss you guys a lot! I have felt especially homesick hearing about all the changes in the ward this week. Hope you are all hanging in there. Do you have a new calling yet? Love you all! Amy
Post a Comment