The Kelley Kronicles

Welcome to our blog!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Boy Scout Court of Honor

Saturday night we had a spaghetti dinner and Scout Court of Honor at the church. The spaghetti dinner wasn't your usual spaghetti dinner - the food was all dumped on the table and you pulled toward you what you'd like to eat! Plates were optional.....it was fun to see peoples' reactions as their food was dumped in front of them!
Parker literally raked in the merit badges and received his Life advancement! We're so proud of him and his efforts to work toward his Eagle. He received merit badges in: leatherwork, climbing, canoeing, orienteering, emergency preparedness, rifle shooting, horsemanship, camping and citizen in the community. He is really close to achieving Eagle! We're finishing up bits and pieces of 3 required merit badges and then he has his Eagle service project and we're (oops!) he's done! Hallelujah! :o)

The traditional "pinning of the mom" after a Scout advancement

The traditional "hugging of the mom" after the "pinning of the mom" after a Scout advancement. Geez, my boy is getting tall! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so fun! Loved all the skits too!!

Diane said...

I don't know what my problem has been but I did not have your blog on my list. I feel like I have so much catching up to do. I can't wait to read it all and hear how things are going. Hope you are well!