The Kelley Kronicles

Welcome to our blog!

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mission Update

I really need to come up with a catchier title for these updates! :o)

I received the following email this morning from Sister Corry, a senior missionary serving with her husband in Zach's district in Greece:

Dear President Galanos,

Yesterday I attended the best District Meeting I have been to since we arrived. These Elders just continue to get better and better. We were priviledged to sit at the feet of a young 20 year old Elder and be taught as well I have been taught in any meeting of my life.

First Elder Kelley taught us about how to learn to love the Greek people. The discussion focused on gratitude, overlooking and forgiving when they get yelled at and the importance of giving service. They continue to look for ways to serve individually and are going to have some Zone service projects as well.

Elder Hall taught us further about service and told a personal story.

Elder Kelley led a discussion on Prayer. He had us turn to Alma 34, we read parts of it and he asked us what it meant to 'cry over' something. He taught us about praying with a specific purpose, thinking about it, maybe even writing some things down during the week that we want to focus on. We talked about praying for your enemies, how that would be and what value it would be. We discussed how Heavenly Father would like us to report to him at the end of the day and then seek council from Him. I wish I had taken better notes but there was no sillyness, just very mature, dedicated young missionaries trying their best to be obedient to their Mission President and to the Lord. It was a meeting worth attending. I truly love serving with and learning from these fine missionaries.

Sister Corry

No comments: