Here's what Zach wrote this week:
'Yeah, so here's the breakdown of transfers...Elder Emberg and his trainee Middleton (from our apartment) are both going to Cyprus, Emberg as a Zone Leader and Middleton as a normal missionary. The two Elders from Glyfada both left. Both of these 2 areas are now closed. Sister Keith, who is leaving next transfer, will be training again here and her companion, Sister Fogt, is going to Cyprus as well. Elder Rice is going to be Zone leader in Thess, and I'm staying....with a Greeny! Straight from the MTC and I'll meet him tommorrw at noonish at a good restaurant with all the others (free food! and its good food). His name is Elder Hall and he's from Boise, Idaho, and that's all I know. Oh yeah, I'm also District Leader, but let me explain a few things so that you can understand what is happening. All the missionaries I just listed were in my branch and district plus 2 senior couples...now, it's just the 2 senior couples, Sister Keith and her Greeny and ME and my Greeny in the Branch...that's it! We went from 6 elders and 2 sisters to 2 elders and 2 sisters! And only 2 of us speak Greek because the others have never even been in Greece yet! We still have the couples but they can't speak Greek. My district is even wierder...they opened up a special district for the outreach center (a place to attract youth that is changing the work in Europe now and works amazingly here as well) so the sisters and 1 couple are part of that district, leaving me, my comp, and 1 couple in my district...with the Zone leaders. So yeah, that's my transfer, Me and Sister Kieth will be translating and teaching just about everything...my Greek needs to get a lot better...
I have a cool story though; 2 weeks ago elder Rice spoke to a Phillipino lady in the tram and she really wanted to go to church so we gave her all the info, and it turns out that she had an accident and has amnesia, so she can't remember anything from the past...so she didn't come to church....but on saturday night we decided to stop doorknocking and went to talk to people on the beach (not literally), and as we were returning to go home she comes running up to us and tells us that she's been waiting for us and that she had the feeling to wait there for us (which is even cooler because that is not where we met her the first time) and she talked about how she tried to find the church but got lost, so we gave her all the info again and she came! And we gave her to the sisters and they had a good lesson with her at the church and she says how this church is her's and I'm pretty confident she'll get baptized...but the funny part is that she's not our investigater anymore and she will probably start going to the center branch because thats where she lives and there are other Phillipinoes there...it's a funny thing but an awesome thing. I just wish we could find Greeks like her, it seems that all over europe most of the baptisms are foreigners and not the people they're "looking for".
Well, I'll take lots of pictures and send them all down one day. Well, I've got to go, with transfers our P-day got cut a little short...
Love,
Zach"
1 comment:
I was sitting here reading this and Sunny started going bonkers when she saw "her" Bishop Kelley! My kids, well all of us, miss your family! Our new Bishop has got the same red hair and fair skin and he came to meet her and she started crying and said "Your like Bishop Kelley but your not Bishop Kelley!". She misses him. But we all miss you all!
Post a Comment