We've reached another milestone....Kam got her driver's license today! 
It is hard, I must say, to think of putting your child alone on the road in a ton-or-more sized car with all those other crazy drivers driving around in their ton-or-more sized cars, and even harder to give up more control. It all starts when they first go to kindergarten and are away from you and your influence for the better part of each day. It continues when they start riding their bikes to friends' homes. A driver's license is another huge step in transferring control, and when they go off to college you lose all control! Not that I'm a controlling type of person mind you, but it's an interesting feeling to not have the "be with them and protect them while in the car" type of control anymore. I suppose this is where faith comes in - faith in her driving skills and faith that she'll be okay.....
Congratulations, Kam! And enjoy driving the lovely green minivan (she now calls herself a "soccer teenager"). :o)
1 comment:
Wow! I can't believe it! And what a cute newbie driver!! Congratulations, Cam. You are going to have so much fun being Parker and Kailen's chauffeur. Seriously, the best job ever! :)
Post a Comment