The Kelley Kronicles
Welcome to our blog!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Seminary
I must first say - I love this new calling! Okay, I know there will be rough days among the sweet ones, but today was a very sweet one! Some background info: every Wednesday night before John leaves the church he's been leaving me a note on the chalkboard in my seminary room for me to see on Thursday morning. Fast forward to last night: he came home and said, "I couldn't leave you a note tonight because there wasn't any chalk and one of your young women left you a note and used the whole board! (He did leave me a finger-written note in a small part of the board that wasn't written on). So, when I turned the lights on in my room this morning, there was a huge chalk-board sized-note that said "I love you, Sister Kelly, love always, Gabby". Made my day. Absolutely!!! (I only wish I'd had the presence of mind to run home and grab my camera for a picture...but in my defense, it was really early!) Gabby is an awesome young woman who I didn't know was in my class until she came to Seminary Orientation. Somehow she'd not been included on my list. I'm so thankful she's in my class! Actually, I'm so thankful for my entire class. They are absolutely awesome! We have some great gospel discussions and their insights into things spiritual amaze me and keep me very much on my toes. The future is in very capable hands if these young people are any example of the youth of the church. I feel extremely blessed to get to be with them for an hour each morning. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment